TAKING CHARGE OF YOUR FUTURE includes:
• 4 Workshops
• 4 Weekly Best Practice Meetings
• 4 Individual Coaching Sessions
This low-cost, intensive program offers the following to participants:
- One-on-one and group sessions with trained, job/career coaches;
- Weekly seminars on navigating transition, successful search techniques
and relevant professional development;
- Working with assessment tools and trained professionals to help you
define your talents and strengths and personal brand.
- Peer Group/Networking/Accountability Groups to discuss and monitor
- Special programs on job search skills, job retention tips, how to secure the job that best fits their personality and career goals, self-awareness/ assessment and successful career direction.
Facilitated by Career Transitions Center WMichigan volunteer career coaches and mentors, these seminars are held in succession, one each week on Tuesday evenings, repeated every four weeks.
“Know Yourself & Where You’re Going – Developing Your Personal Brand” “Communicating Your Personal Brand – Elevator Speeches, Resumes and On-Line Profiles” “Networking: An Essential Tool for Your Career and Your Life” “Awesome Interviewing & Confident Negotiating”
These weekly sessions provide a weekly check-up/update opportunity. Members hold each other accountable, share ideas and leads, celebrate successes and encourage each other in times of rejection, disappointment or temporary malaise.
“Best Practices” – Peer Groups and Networking Sessions
Career Transitions Center West Michigan (CTCwm) Peer Groups, facilitated by Career Steps coaches and mentors, are intended to help members maintain progress in their job search efforts by:
- Sharing Successes, Lessons Learned, and
- “Best Practices” in their job search or next step in their careers.
- Working sessions to provide time to work on current topic.
These sessions provide a check-up/update opportunity. Members hold each other accountable, share ideas and leads, celebrate successes and encourage each other in times of rejection, disappointment or temporary malaise.
Career Transitions Center WMichigan offers experienced professionals with backgrounds in talent acquisition and training to entrepreneurs. These volunteer coaches and mentors to meet with members one-to-one, in group coaching and program opportunities. Coaches and mentors are both currently employed and retired executives and/or professionally trained coaches and career management professionals with broad community connections and notable experience.
Career Transitions Center WMichigan coaches provide professional support to members through all stages of the job search process. With their coach/mentor our members:
- develop a clearer picture of desired career directions;
- collaborate to create an individual action plan for progress;
- assess fundamentals, reviewing resumes and contact (cover) letters,
- company and industry research;
- engage in role-playing practice for networking and interviews;
- evaluate offers and negotiating with potential employers; and,
- after a member lands in a new position, follow-up support will be provided to integrate into a new work environment.
Please refer to our new calendar tab on menu for upcoming activities and future taking charge.
The enrollment fee for Taking Charge of Your Future is $75.00. We are working with a donor who has offered to subsidize this program. How come there is a charge? As a condition of the donor, a previous program participant, the charge is to show commitment to this program that is valued at over $200. To enroll and receive further details, please register on the home page for current session and to pay fee please click on Registration on Calendar tab on the menu bar.
Any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (616) 644-6402.